Friday, June 13, 2014

DBIA Webinar on Managing the Sub Relationships

My continuing webinar series for DBIA will get another installment on Tuesday, June 17, 10:30 Pacific/1:30 Eastern.   "DBIA Contract Focus on the Sub-Prime Relationship:  How the Design-Build Team Can Make or Break the Project."   I'll be discussing the issues surrounding the risks in the relationships between the prime design-builder and the consultants and subcontracts.  You can register for this webinar and any of the others in the series at  http://www.dbia.org/education/continuing-education/Pages/Design-Build-Done-Right-Webinar-Series.aspx


As always, I will end the webinar with an update on current case law dealing with design-build construction. 


I have to admit that conducting a webinar is something of a surreal experience.  The webinar on Tuesday will be my seventh.  (Three for DBIA, two for the ABA, and two for ENR.)  I'm used to teaching in the classroom where you can gauge the students' interest in your presentation.   With a webinar, however, you are sitting in your office with absolute silence with nothing but your phone, your computer, the PowerPoint presentation, and the occasional question from all of you who are sitting in your office with your headphones looking at the PowerPoint and wondering if I really do look like my photo.  (Incidentally, I look exactly like my photo. It's only a little over a year old.  It is disturbing how most people seem surprised by that fact.)   In any event, if you listen to the webinar, I encourage you to post questions.  I will answer them if I have the time, and it is nice to know that someone is actually paying attention.

1 comment:

john son said...

Your blog related information is really worthy. Thanks for sharing this article.